2 gilts free to a good home - Edwalton, nr Nottingham

Hannah

2 gilts free to a good home - Edwalton, nr Nottingham

Post by Hannah » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:09 pm

I have taken a call from Brian Owens at Edwalton Primary School, Edwalton, nr Nottingham. They have 2 KK gilts around 4-5 years old and are black and white (probably unregistered but he is going to check). They have a working farm and look after their animals very well (Ofsted report confirms this) but their KKs are now getting a bit big and argy-bargy when the primary school kids go in to help muck them out and so due to pressure from school governors/parents etc this has now had to stop. They will get some more KK piglets but need them smaller than the ones they have due to the small children.

Brian is very keen to find a good home for these two KKs. If you are interested please call Brian on 0115 914 4221 (during school hours) or email him on head@edwalton.notts.sch.uk. Photos of the pigs can be found on www.edwalton.notts.sch.uk.

wendy scu

Post by wendy scu » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:08 pm

i would be wary if they are not registered -
if they are big and argy bargy they don't sound like kunekunes.
had a look on the link but couldn't find the photos, nothing came up.

Hannah

Post by Hannah » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:17 pm

http://edwalton.4dsite.com/cgi-bin/edwa ... tID=667846

This is the page the KKs are on - they do look like KKs to me!

From what I could gather the "argy bargy" bit is because they have been taught that when they get mucked out they get food to tempt them away from the pigsty, and now they are racing for it one of them actually knocked over a concrete block wall in eagerness to get to the food! Best to talk to Brian Owens if you are interested.

wendy scu

Post by wendy scu » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:45 am

i agree they do look like kunes but would discourage anyone from taking on anything unregistered -

Darrell

Post by Darrell » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:00 am

Lovely looking pigs,what a shame that the children can't be taught how to handle them correctly.I personally don't agree with; They will get some more KK piglets but need them smaller than the ones they have due to the small children.
Surely this only teaches children that animals are easily disposable and can be replaced like a toy.

susan

Post by susan » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:50 pm

yes i agree if they get more kks piglets they would grow too. kks are quite strong no matter what size they are.? i think its a case of a puppy is for life not just xmas .........