5yr old beautiful friendly BKKPS pedigree kunekune female needing home

Mares

5yr old beautiful friendly BKKPS pedigree kunekune female needing home

Post by Mares » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Hello,

It's with a heavy heart I start to put out feelers for our beautiful Barbara to find a new forever home. We have had her since she was a piglet as a friend to our other kune cross pig Angela. We had Angela for six months before we decided she needed a friend as we read up she was lonely. However, Angela has never really tolerated Barabara and we have tried every trick in the book on vets advice and breeders advice about introduction, bonding techniques, hormones, medication and more but Angela won't have it. Five years later and I'm swamped with guilt that this situation is never going to improve and Barbara is miserable and lonely. She is the sweetest of girls. Placid and loving, she'll roll over for a fuss and grunts and chats, she enjoys all the things kunekunes do, scratches, cuddles and even lullabys. This makes it more upsetting because she adores company. We have had to separate their pens and free range area as Anglea would bite her and constantly chase her down. Even now after five years together, Angela will run at the fencing. This doesn't worry Barbara, she doesn't retaliate, just runs away, but will always try to lie against the fencing to seek out company somehow. After much deliberation and angst, we've agreed she isn't ever going to be truly happy and as Angela isn't suitable for rehoming and we could NEVER contemplate having either slaughtered I've decided to take the step of enquiring about rehoming Barbara, who, as I previously said, has the sweetest of temperaments and personality. She has been round all three of my children, our Great Danes and chickens with ease and absolutely no problems. Now my children are grown and I'm headed off to full time work she won't have the company she's used to from us humans (with me keeping an eye on the situation daily) and has no comfort in Anglea either. I don't want her fenced off and on her own, that's no future for such a sociable pig.

Please understand we cannot contemplate giving her up for breeding or meat (she is too old anyway!) or slaughter. Just as a companion for another pig perhaps. Also, we love our girls dearly but they have never been inside the house pets, they enjoy roaming in the field part of our extended large garden area, with us visiting and sitting down to fuss and cuddle freely. Barbara has her BKKPS Pedigree document with herd Book no and ID no and relevant Sire/Dam information.

If you are able to offer a suitable forever home for our lovely girl, please contact me. We are in Worcestershire.

Many thanks for reading, there is no hurry or urgency, just trying to make the right decision, any advice welcome.

Mares x

Wendijones

Re: 5yr old beautiful friendly BKKPS pedigree kunekune female needing home

Post by Wendijones » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:52 pm

Interested in your kunekune if she is still needing a home, I also have a very lonely and sociable
18 month old girl. Thank you. Wendi

Mares

Post by Mares » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:38 am

Hi Wendi,

Thank you so much for your reply, I'm so sorry I haven't responded sooner.

Are you still contemplating seeking a companion for your lonely girl?

Mares x

Mares

Hi Wendi,

Mares x

Mares

Hi Wendi,

Mares x