Female Kunes wanted as company for 11yr Kune gilt Somerset

Richenda Oldham

Female Kunes wanted as company for 11yr Kune gilt Somerset

Post by Richenda Oldham » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:29 pm

We have an 11 year old kunekune gilt (Ginger) who lost her litter sister (Pickles) about four weeks ago. She appears to have come to terms with the loss, but I feel she is still missing the company her sister provided. We have horses and I have seen her trying to make friends with one, but it is not the same. I have discussed with our vet and local rescue centre (who have pigs) and they all think that a pair of younger pigs (female), under two years of age would be a good solution. She is a very sweet natured sociable pig and she and her more dominant sister always snuggled up together at night. We are in Somerset, near Chard/Taunton.

The Rushbury Pig

Re: Female Kunes wanted as company for 11yr Kune gilt Somers

Post by The Rushbury Pig » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:37 pm

Are you hoping to find a pair close to you, or are you prepared to travel? Are you hoping to re-home rather than buy :)
Cheerio for now, Sam Jones :-)

BKKPS Chairperson
Email : samjonesbkkps@aol.com
Tel: 0845 489 5863, leaving a message for the secretary who will forward to me.

The Rushbury Pig

Post by The Rushbury Pig » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:23 pm

If you are still looking then email me on samjonesbkkps@aol.com as I may be able to help :)
Cheerio for now, Sam Jones :-)

BKKPS Chairperson
Email : samjonesbkkps@aol.com
Tel: 0845 489 5863, leaving a message for the secretary who will forward to me.

EdwardBarnes

Post by EdwardBarnes » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:37 pm

As I am going away to University in September, I sadly have to give away my two wonderful female kunekune Pigs whom I have had since 2008. Mozzarella is a black and white pig with tassels who is incredibly friendly, loves belly rubs and has become very close friends with our horses - something which your pig has also done. Annie is a brown and black pig who is incredibly friendly too, and always keen for a bit of food! Both are sisters and are very close. We live in Worcestershire in the West Midlands and I will give them away for FREE along with a pig ark if that is wanted too! We can transport the pigs to you if you cannot pick them up yourself They are both registered with BKKPS. Either message me on here or email me at eddiebarnes1@hotmail.co.uk if you are interested

Yours sincerely,

Ed