Kunekune piglet wanted...

Tracey9

Kunekune piglet wanted...

Post by Tracey9 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:52 pm

Hi,

Great website for info for a novice Kune owner!

In a couple of weeks time we will be taking charge of a 5 month old kunekune (girl). She was the runt of a litter (all siblings now sold) however has been raised in the company of other pigs. We want her to have a 'friend' so are hoping that someone will have a suitable companion that needs re-homing? Our location is Staffordshire.

If anyone could help with advice on the following, we'd also be most grateful:

1. We've been told that introducing a new 'friend' can cause the pigs to fight? What is the best way of dealing with this, please, and what would be the ideal age/sex of the new friend? We are not looking to breed the pigs so an uncastrated male isn't an option.
2. The pigs will have a lovely home with us, however in moving them to somewhere new is there anything in particular that we should consider as far as the pigs behaviour/needs are concerned? (Land is registered and we have a Herd Number).

We look forward to receiving your responses.

Many thanks

Buffy the eggs layer

Re: Kunekune piglet wanted...

Post by Buffy the eggs layer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:25 pm

Hi Tracy,

not sure if you have found a pal for your piglet but I may have a suitable weaner if you would like to drop me a line at sue.doherty@tiscali.co.uk

Tammy

Post by Tammy » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi,

We have one or two of our rescued piglets still looking for "forever" homes. If you are still looking for a companion for yours please email me, we also live in Staffordshire.

Many thanks,

Judi

Tracey9

Post by Tracey9 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:23 pm

Hi & many thanks both Judi & Sue, however we now have a lovely 'rescued' Kune-x piglet that we found at an Animal Sanctuary.

Tracey