2 Week old piglets needing a new home

Mamapig

2 Week old piglets needing a new home

Post by Mamapig » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi,

I have two 2 week old kunekune piglets currently in my care, one boy and one girl. I was originally supposed to be having them for a couple of weeks and helping them to get strong enough to make the journey to their new home in Cornwall (we are in Hampshire) as they had to be taken away from their mother. It has since transpired that they do not actually have anywhere to go to and the farmer who gave them to us is selling all his animals and is not interested in taking them back or rehoming them.
I am now trying to find a suitable home for them to go to but am quite unsure where to start! If anybody has any advice on finding a new home for them, it would be most appreciated! Or similarly if anybody can offer them a forever home, please get in touch. Ideally, I would love them to go somewhere that they will not be raised for meat as I have hand reared them and grown rather fond of them. I would not be asking for any money for them, only a safe place, perhaps with other pigs where they will be happy. I admit I am new to this pig business so please forgive me if I sound overly sentimental! I have noticed that people have mentioned certificates and pedigrees on other posts but I'm afraid to say I have no idea on any of this, all I was told is that they are pure breeds. Anyway, any help with this would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,
Sian

The Rushbury Pig

Re: 2 Week old piglets needing a new home

Post by The Rushbury Pig » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:33 pm

Hello again!
Glad to hear they continue to thrive, posting here and on your other post just to make sure you get my message! As I gather you have been a very short notice mum here I am guessing you may not be aware you will need to get the boar castrated at 2 to 4 weeks at your veterinary practice under gas. A full boar does not make a good pet :wink:
Cheerio for now, Sam Jones :-)

BKKPS Chairperson
Email : samjonesbkkps@aol.com
Tel: 0845 489 5863, leaving a message for the secretary who will forward to me.