Stunning breed quality boar - Lanark, Scotland

HappyHippy

Stunning breed quality boar - Lanark, Scotland

Post by HappyHippy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi folks,

From my most recent litter of kunekunes I have an absolutely stunning little fella - normally I'd get them all routinely castrated by the vet @ 6 weeks, but this wee guy would be wasted as a castrate :cry:
So this is his change to escape the knife and find a good breeding home :wink:

He's only 3 weeks old, so won't be leaving til well after the new year - but if you'd be interested let me know asap so that he doesn't go to the vet.

Sire: Brucklay Te-Whangi 5, Dam: Tillykeira Awakino
2 piri's (although one is slightly smaller, but it is there)
16 teats - I've had 14 before - but never 16 ! This trait would likely be passed to his female offspring - all good for getting litter numbers up.
He is plain brown in colour (though with the last litter some of the brown piglets ended up with gold tips to their bristles) but he's still a very handsome & charming little boar none the less.

His older brother "Son of Syd" from 2 litters ago, was placed second in the Kune class at Lesmahagow Agricultural show last year and has fathered several good litters - every piglet born had 2 piris and good, sound underlines - and the little guy was only 5 or 6 months old when he became fully fertile, much to his new owners shock (and delight) as she thought he was to small to manage with some of their older gilts & sows :lol:

This will be the last boar from the Yonderton Te-Whangi bloodline as we've changed boars to another line (but would like the legacy of Syd to continue as he was such a softie of a boar)

We're asking £125 for him and he'll be registered, tagged, wormed, vaccinated for erisepilas (sp?) and generally spoilt rotten and pampered before he leaves us.

I'm in Lesmahagow, South Lanarkshire & may be able to deliver for cost of fuel if needed.

Any questions, fire away !
Thanks,
Karen

simon

Re: Stunning breed quality boar - Lanark, Scotland

Post by simon » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Any chance of some photos?

viewtopic.php?p=1425#1425

HappyHippy

Post by HappyHippy » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:01 pm

Sorry Simon - of course you need pictures.
I don't normally manage to post them :roll: , so if this doesn't work please pm me and I can email one to you. This might not be the actual boar - it's just a quick pic to show what they look like generally (they kept moving and I had the kids all around me - I'll get better ones (and of the actual boar in question :oops: ) once they're back at school :wink:
Karen x

HappyHippy

Post by HappyHippy » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:17 pm

Hopefully this link to my flickr photo's will work - more photo's to come :wink:
Karen
http://www.flickr.com/photos/manicmummy ... otostream/