Piglets Wanted - Kent

AmandaR

Piglets Wanted - Kent

Post by AmandaR » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:35 pm

I have had an enquiry that I am unable to fill for a young castrated boar and a gilt. The prospective buyer would like registered pigs with good personalities. She lives in Kent, but doesn't mind travelling to collect. She would prefer them to be young, 8-10 weeks old. If anyone has anything suitable and in a reasonable radius of Kent, please let me know.

Thanks
Amanda

wendy scu

Post by wendy scu » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:45 am

A word of warning to piglet sellers;

I volunteered to supply this lady as i happened to be travelling to Kent this week.
She sounded very convincing and thrilled that someone could help her out.
I had no piglets of my own but knew of others in my area who still had piglets to sell so after lengthy discussion on email and telephone i purchased piglets for her to be delivered this week.

the piglets are in isolation, arrangements made, money and time spent (i stand to make nothing from this)

the lady has now decided not to bother as she won't be in on wednesday.
needless to say i have offered to drop the piglets elsewhere or at different times to fit in......................

I suggest if any of you deal with this lady in the future, get a deposit first

AmandaR

Post by AmandaR » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:54 am

Wendy,

I'm so sorry, she was recommend to me by Dean, she seemed really nice. Im sorry it's been a wild goose chase for you. What a pain, but thank you so much for trying to help out.

wendy scu

Post by wendy scu » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:56 am

no worries, not your fault i know,