Does anyone breed or keep GOLD TIP Kunekune

Everything you need to know about the breeding of kunekune Pigs.
The Rushbury Pig

Does anyone breed or keep GOLD TIP Kunekune

Post by The Rushbury Pig » Fri May 10, 2013 11:59 am

I have a true Gold Tip Sow who is now 6 years old and has not yet produced any Gold Tip offspring. I am keen to try and preserve this colouring so am looking for a true gold tip gilt or young sow. I would want this gilt to be a good example of the breed with special attention paid to feet, eyes, hearing, length of nose/breathing and the underline must be good!

Does anyone breed gold tips or knows someone who does?? If so PLEASE get in contact with me :D

I can be contacted on therushburypig@aol.com or tel: 07791 284 510 or reply here. Many thanks.
Cheerio for now, Sam Jones :-)

BKKPS Chairperson
Email : samjonesbkkps@aol.com
Tel: 0845 489 5863, leaving a message for the secretary who will forward to me.

djwithington

Re: Does anyone breed or keep GOLD TIP Kunekune

Post by djwithington » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:00 pm

I thought I might have bred a gold tip gilt but have been in touch with Simon who informs me they should be gold tip all over not just in the darker patches, so maybe we need to breed the patchy ones with patchy boars and might get more all over gold tips...if you see what I mean! Happy to email photos of this gilt to anyone who is interested, just contact me d.j.withington@leeds.ac.uk.
cheers Deborah

ashfieldfarm

Re: Does anyone breed or keep GOLD TIP Kunekune

Post by ashfieldfarm » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:41 am

hi,
we have a gold tip boar who hopefully has done the trick and got our 2 girls in pig - rosie is black & white and girtie is cream. new to kune so dont understand the colour mechanics - could i get a gold tip gilt from either of my girls?

liz x