This sounds silly, but let me know what works well for you!!

General chat about kunekune pigs
jeannettew

This sounds silly, but let me know what works well for you!!

Post by jeannettew » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:32 pm

My adorable KKs are about to turn 1 at the end of may and I would like to give them an extra special dinner or treat.

They are very well fed and I had being doing a really good job hiding from my husband the expensive tastes they have until last week, when he wanted to eat the avocardo and mangos that I had brought for them, they get these every now and again but have bananas, apples, pears, carrotts, sweet potatoes, and pot belly pig nuts daily!!! not in massive amounts but they do have a 5 star menu xx

What would really make there tails curl????

Have tried suger beet but they wont eat it!! I have read somewhere on here about bread and flora spread, is this okay?

Thank you

Jeannette, mummy to Nemo and Lucy xxx

wendy scu

Post by wendy scu » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:39 am

Hi
i would say no to avocados as they are extremely fattening.
definitely no bread proucts either.

Carrots and apples are about as goo as it can get for pigs but i also use fodder beet all through the winter.

interesting point - i trained some pigs for a film last summer and was looking for things to train them with that would really 'make their tails curl'
tried everything i could think of and the thing they liked the best, and would do anything for.................was pig nuts!
just goes to show a pig knows what is good for it.

Do be careful what you feed and WATCH THE WEIGHT!

Pandora

Post by Pandora » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:45 pm

Mine would kill you for a banana! :lol:
Never test the depth of the water with both feet!

kaz g

Post by kaz g » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:01 pm

My pigiges like strawberries and pineapple (not together) as an occasional treat!! :lol: