General chat about kunekune pigs
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:39 am
- Location: Essex
Just wondering if the appearance of an adult castrated boar is any different to an adult entire boar??
Do they have the large thick armoured skin and tusks or do they grow more "sow looking" if that makes sense?
- Posts: 152
- Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:54 pm
- Location: Bootiful Norfolk!
Hi Dan, I believe they get the tusks, but not the armour.
Never test the depth of the water with both feet!
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:03 pm
- Location: East Sussex
Yes my castrates over 18 months old have tusks but not heavy armour like my boars.
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:48 pm
- Location: Herefordshire
yes, tusks are just the same but no armour
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:58 pm
- Location: Norfolk/Suffolk border
Mine too! He has the tusks but no armour, although he can be a bit of a mummy's boy!!!