Micro pigs.

General chat about kunekune pigs
pollymania

Micro pigs.

Post by pollymania » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:49 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... y-pet.html

How are these pigs bred does anyone know? I suppose now the Beckhams own some everyone will want some! Not sure of them myself.

wendy scu

Post by wendy scu » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:35 pm

if you go to the news section of this website you can learn all about them ....

they are crossed between GOS, tamworth, Kune, Mini pot belly - God only knows how that is supposed to produce a small pig, but lets wait a couple of years and see shall we?

Darrell

Post by Darrell » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:15 pm

Note clipping states Micro pigs, which grow no bigger than a Labrador.
A labradors adult height is 24 inches (same as a kunekune!) Labradors adult weight is 75 pounds!
But does anyone read all the information,clever marketing eh!

redgeorge

Post by redgeorge » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:15 pm

All I can say is poor pigs, bred to be victims of fashion and will be cast aside with the rubics cubes and cabbage patch dolls when the next trend comes along. I too doubt that they will stay small wendy, I have searched the internet and Im yet to find a photo of an adult micro pig, I can imagine for one minute that they will be any smaller than a KK.

redgeorge

Post by redgeorge » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:18 pm

We were posting at the same time then Darell - yes very valid point a labrador is some size, I also think the photos of the piglets have been very cleverly taken to make them look cute and appealing - the reason why so many dogs homes are full to the brim with adult dogs, they don't stay that cute forever! :(

simon

Post by simon » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:15 am

redgeorge wrote:I have searched the internet and Im yet to find a photo of an adult micro pig
I have some photos of a 10month old a pennywell teacup pig. I promised the owner I would not post them on t'interweb - but email me and I can show you them. Its bigger than all our kunes.

kaz g

Post by kaz g » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:24 pm

I haven't seen a picture of an adult either. I think this is bad news as I can see rescue/rehoming centres full of these pigs in the future because they dont stay cute,small piglets for long. I am in the process of getting a home for a pair of KK's who were bought on a whim by someone who thought or rather didn't think!!

wendy scu

Post by wendy scu » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:23 am

Take a look at this link

http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-ad ... a1068.html

- the duping goes on and on!
it clearly states on this womans website that a micro pig is 14-16" high 2anything over that hight is NOT a micro pig"
yet she is advertising boars for sale at 14-18" tall at 8-14 months old.
At this age they are nowhere near full grown