my girls

General chat about kunekune pigs
cheryl

my girls

Post by cheryl » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:33 am

hi all betty still not had her piglets overdue now it exiting tiring time and you feel lots of emotions because you are also worried that it will be ok as its my first time in having piglets spoken to wendy and shelly and that was a great help so thanks x x x x

nick butler

Post by nick butler » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:55 pm

dont worry too much, we have had a few litters now, and the mums can do this on their own, we missed one litter and were checking every half hour, just clear their mouth, and a quick rub with a dry towel usually helps, then put towards the nipple,

cheryl

Post by cheryl » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:03 pm

thanks nick just checked on betty took her some apples and a nice tickle be fore bed ah the good life am trying not to worry :o as the saying goes good things come to those who wait and i have been waiting :lol: x x x x x x x x x x x

Harnia

Post by Harnia » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:50 pm

Hi Cheryl,any news on Betty yet? Our piglets are now just over 6 weeks old & were out playing in the snow today! Hope your little ones come soon,ths suspence must be killing you! Take care,BIG good luck to Betty xxx
Nicola Rose Fitzakerly

TraceyT

Post by TraceyT » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:23 am

Hi There,

:D I have not bred from my Kunes .... yet. But I have had several litters from my Tamworths and GOS's. :lol: :lol: :lol: Please don't worry. Pigs do tend to look after themselves, normally. You know your pigs. If YOU think they are uncomfortable or stressed, they probably are. Keep a close eye , and if you think they need a helping hand and don't feel confident, call your vet.
:) There is no better feeling than seeing your 1st litter of pigleys emerging before your eyes!! :D :D :D :D
Good luck!!
' Some of us drink at the Fountain of Life, others just gargle.'

cheryl

sad times

Post by cheryl » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:06 am

hi all i am finding this really hard to write as doing so the tears are following over the last few weeks i had noticed betty temperment changing and being really cross with me i put it down to coming to the end of her pregnancy and being late i called the vet who went to examine her she went to bit him i called a memeber of the society who kindly came round she tried to have a look at betty who then tried to bite her and charge at us she wasnt pregnant i looked at maybe rehoming her what if she bit them i made the very hard decesion to have her put down. this was not in my dreams i cared and loved betty x

wendy scu

Post by wendy scu » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:52 pm

i'm sure you made the right decision and for the right reasons,

it will all come right eventually

love Wendyx

Di

My girls

Post by Di » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:34 pm

That was a very brave decision you made. Well done.

Best wishes

Di

ukag0972

Post by ukag0972 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:18 pm

I'm with Wendy and Di here.

It's a very brave decision you made in the best interests of you and your pig.
I can only hope that I would be brave enough to make that decision.

Think of all her good times!!!

X

nick butler

Post by nick butler » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:31 pm

did betty have a friend/companion, we keep our two sows together, right through the pregnancy and farrowing, they do have their little mishaps usually regarding food, but they share each others piglets when feeding, maybe a rest break with company may help,pigs dont really have that many ways to show their emotions... maybe she is troubled

LucyJ

Post by LucyJ » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:24 am

:( Sorry to hear about Betty