Page 1 of 1

Help -----RATS

Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:41 pm
by SarahN
I have seen signs of rats near my chicken house. I want to put some poison down in bait boxes. My pigs live nearby and my worry is that they may come across a dead poisoned rat and eat it. How likely is this?

I thought poisoned rats would hide away to die.

Re: Help -----RATS

Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:26 pm
by The Rushbury Pig
I don't think it is very likely at all but others may have experience?

Re: Help -----RATS

Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:09 am
by simon
Its very unlikely as rats hide somewhere if they feel unwell. Even if it did a poisoned rat wouldn't be toxic enough to do much harm to a pig.

More likely is the pigs destroy a plastic bait box. Either use metal, or put them in places that the pigs can't get to.